To discuss your pet’s spay and neuter options, contact us today to make an appointment!
Why Should Your Pet Be Spayed or Neutered?
We recommend having almost all pets spayed and neutered after an evaluation by our team. Dogs and cats are required to be at least 4 months of age when they are spayed or neutered.
The aim of spaying and neutering dogs and cats is to:
- Potentially improve their quality of life and extend their lifespan
- Help reduce the risk of life-threatening cancers (breast cancer, testicular cancer, etc.)
- Reduce or even prevent negative behaviors such as roaming, vocalizing, and urine spraying
Additionally, spay and neuter procedures help to reduce the stray animal population and relieve the pressure on local animal shelters and rescues, which can save many healthy animals from being euthanized.
Tips for Helping Your Pet Recover After Surgery
Once your pet is awake and can return home with you, we will provide you with instructions for managing their recovery in the days to follow.
Here are some essential tips for helping them properly heal:
- Limit strenuous activities such as running, jumping, or roughhousing for the first 7-10 days post-surgery.
- Monitor your pet closely if you’re concerned about them damaging their sutures.
- Ensure that your pet’s sutures always remain clean and dry. Our team will let you know when it is safe for your pet to swim or receive baths again.
We know how important your pet is to your family. At Dearing Veterinary Clinic, we are dedicated to ensuring that your pet’s health, safety, and comfort come first during any procedure. Our team appreciates your trust in us to provide high quality care for your companion.